19 December, 2019
Incatema Consulting & Engineering has signed with the FAO a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that represents a huge opportunity for contributing to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and more specifically food security and the more efficient development of inclusive food systems, involving small food producers in developing countries.
FAO and Incatema Consulting & Engineering consider that this collaboration should be closely developed through:
• The promotion of sustainable development in the rural medium through the inclusive value chain strategy.
• Increase in the availability and promotion of consumption of fresh, healthy and quality foods at affordable prices.
• Support for initiatives to reduce food losses and waste throughout the supply chain.
• Collaboration in the development and dissemination of knowledge about products and their handling, and promotion of the development and modernization of food production processes.
The objectives of this MoU, according to the Global Action Programme on Food Security and Nutrition in Small Island Developing States and with the Agrinvest Methodological Framework developed by the FAO, will be realised through the following activities:
• Assessment of the technical and institutional capacities in the selected SIDS.
• Dialogue with the multiple key actors in the SIDS involved, with a view to discussing scopes and valuations.
• Developing the activities jointly in the selected states to obtain information that makes it possible to draft policies and guides for future investments in food processing practices, which take climate change into account.
• Share and disseminate the lessons learned in other Caribbean SIDS.
The MoU will be implemented over the course of 24 months, from January 2020 until December 2021.